Enjoy Rome in limo with brand new Mercedes minivan V class
Private shore excursion from Civitavecchia Italy Western Mediterranean.
Full day in Rome from the ship Harmony of the seas, Celebrity cruises, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian jade, Britannia, Disney cruises, Royal Clipper, Oceania Cruises, Costa, Msc, Royal caribbean, Azamara journey, splendour of the seas, Carnival Vista, Oasis of the seas and Allure of the seas, Msc splendida, Costa Favolosa, Emerald princess, Seven seas Mariner, celebrity reflection, silver spirit, nieuw Amsterdam, Celebrity Equinox, Royal Clipper and many others.
Enjoy Rome in Limo with your private english speaking driver and free wifi.
Shore excursion in Rome in our luxury Mercedes sedan, van or minibus on this 9 hour excursion.
We will pick you up from Civitavecchia Pier at 8:00 am for full day touring in Rome and will drive you back to your ship at 5:00 pm.
Sightseeing in Rome from it’s port of Civitavecchia is becoming more and more popular every year due to the increased number of passengers arriving at the piers of Rome. The northern harbor of Rome is located approximately 1 1/2 hours from the city center of Rome. Cruise ships arrive in Rome early in the morning and smart travelers are ready to be picked up in limousines and minibuses for day tours and shore excursions in Rome.
What you can see in Rome when having one day at your disposal? Many monuments can be discovered in one day, but what you truly need is a local expert: an English speaking driver who can save you time and energy!!! Recently major restrictions to the traffic patterns in Rome were put in place for the zones of archaeological interest – a positive result of this effort in these zones is a cleaner air for us all to breathe – and our drivers are all very familiar with these changes. All of our drivers are from Rome, and will make your day tour of Rome very interesting. We pride ourselves in our knowledgeable drivers – their breadth of knowledge of all areas is extensive as you travel from the south, where the Appian way is located, to the north, where the Vatican was established 2000 years years ago and the Pope still lives today.
Your driver-guide will pick you up at the ship for the beginning of your shore excursion. After a pleasant tour through the Etruscan countryside (about 1 1/2 hour) you will be directly in the heart of Rome. The tour will include:
- The Capitol Hill – seat of the actual Mayor of Rome and ancient public library in Rome from the 1st century before Christ;
- Piazza Venezia – a monument to Vittorio Emanuele II, (our last king), called by the Romans “the wedding cake”;
- The Colosseum – theater of great battles with gladiators, fierce beasts and Roman ships;
- The Roman Forum – testimony of the presence of kings, republican magistrates, and Empires that have known how to conquer the world;
- The Circus Maximus – which has been the greatest arena with the most spectacular chariot races the world has ever seen and the Mouth of Truth – proof of fidelity from the times of the first middle age;
- The Trevi Fountain – millions of tourists dream to return to Rome because of it’s elegance and beauty;
- Spanish Steps – has become a world center of fashion and shopping with their famous stairs and the near via Condotti;
- Pantheon – a meticulously preserved classical temple of ancient Rome.
After a break for lunch (optional) in a traditional restaurant of delicious Roman cuisine the tour will continue with the greatest collection of art the earth has ever had:
The Vatican Museum – located in the Vatican City State, the smallest country of the world;
- The Sistine Chapel – location where popes are elected and a house of immense painters;
- St. Peter’s Basilica – a symbol of the Christians of the whole world for 1700 years.
In the late afternoon your driver-guide will bring you back to the ship located in Civitavecchia or to the airports of Rome, following the agreed schedule and time.
SO MANY SIGHTS TO SEE!
CONGRATULATE YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE NOT CRAMMED INTO A BUS WITH FORTY OTHER TOURISTS, ALL CLAMORING TO GET THE BEST VIEWS, WHILE OBSCURING YOURS…..
This shore excursion can also include:
- Ancient Ostia – considered to be the finest archaeological city in Italy after Pompeii was the most important port during the Roman empire;
- Tivoli Garden – view the magnificent Villa d’Este, the famous ancient emperor Hadrian’s Villa, with pool, race track, and servant quarters (nearby Tivoli);
- Rome Factory Outlet – (Castel Romano) shopping of Ferragamo, Valentino, Ermenegildo Zegna, Dolce & Gabbana, Bruno Magli & more! You will save 40%;
- Tarquinia – the ancient Etruscan city outside Rome; you can also tour the Necropolis.
All of the above are simply suggestions. Depending upon your main interests and the amount of time you have, we can develop a customized itinerary for you.
Please note:Our driver/guide will pick you up and drop you off at your ship at the conclusion of the tour;Tickets, meals and extras not included.